St. Andrew’s By-the-Lake first began as an informal gathering of WWII veterans and their families in the Point Pleasant area of Kingston in 1951. As the surrounding area was developed, the church grew quickly, but kept its small church atmosphere with a feeling of friendliness and closeness amongst the people. At any social evening, adults and children mixed in true family spirit. To this day, we continue as a welcoming, friendly and supportive community of people who come from a diversity of faith backgrounds and life experiences. Our building is used by many community groups including Scouts and several support groups, and for classes such as Tai Chi and yoga.